We Invite You To Join The Respect Life Ministry.
If Interested or For More Information, fill out an Orange Card in the Gathering Space This Weekend and Drop It in the Collection Basket.
Or, Attend Our Meeting on Monday, Oct. 11 at 6:30pm in the Conference Room on the Lower Level
As a gift from God, every human life is sacred from conception to natural death. The life and dignity of every person must be respected and protected at every stage and in every condition. “America you are beautiful . . . and blessed . . . . The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being, but especially the weakest and most defenseless. If you want equal justice for all and true freedom and lasting peace, then America, defend life.” – Pope St. John Paul II. What can I do in my daily life to respect life?
– Read respect life books and literature. Give respect life books as gifts. A recommended read is Radical Compassion: Finding Christ in the Heart of the Poor by Jesuit priest, Father Gary Smith.
– Change your station, change your life. Catholic radio is a special means the Holy Spirit uses to respond to the call for evangelization and the sacredness of all life. Tune into Kansas City station 890 AM, 1090 AM or 1190 AM.
– Donate clothes and household items to Christian organizations in your area. Donate baby clothes, diapers, formula to local Pregnancy Centers.
– Pray the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel daily and especially after Mass. St. Michael the Archangel has a special heavenly role in doing battle against the devil, protecting the Church, protecting Christians against the assault from the devil.
Call To Action
Friday, September 24 was a very dark day as the House of Representatives voted to pass the most radical abortion bill ever. The so-called Women’s Health Protection Act, H.R. 3755, would:
* Allow abortion on demand nationwide throughout EVERY STAGE of pregnancy
* BAN pro-life laws in every state and local government
* Force Americans to support abortions with their tax dollars
*Likely eliminate conscience protections for doctors—among other extreme actions
In his statement responding to this vote, Archbishop Joseph Naumann, Chairman of the Committee on Pro-Life Activities, called this bill “the most extreme pro-abortion bill our nation has ever seen.”
We believe it is likely that the Senate will also vote on this bill in the very near future. So, please also contact your two Senators to strongly urge their opposition to the Senate version of this bill (S. 1975) when it comes up for a vote.
Missouri Senators – address and phone numbers:
Roy Blunt: 260 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510,
Josh Hawley: 212 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington DC 20510,
As always, we are grateful for any action you can take on this matter and for all you do to proclaim the Gospel of Life. Please also join us in praying that our nation and its leaders will fully embrace this Gospel.