Through visual arts, the church proclaims, celebrates and expands its ability to respond to the Word of God. The church environment is changed and enhanced in preparation for every season. Decorating dates are listed in the weekly bulletin. Ideas and volunteers are always welcomed!
To Find Out More Contact – Danny Baker 781-4343 x207 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mass – Eucharist ministers are required to attend a training prior to acting as a minister for the parish community. These training sessions are 3 to 4 hours long and scheduled every four to five months. To Serve, Contact - Nancy Streeter 816-781-1277 email@example.com
- Shut-in and Sick – Volunteers in this ministry take Holy Communion to those who can’t go to Mass on a weekly basis. To request a visit by a priest or volunteer, contact the parish office at 816-781-4343. To Serve, Contact - Jeanne Verssue 816-294-0236 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be willing to serve with a flexibility to meet the needs of the Parish
- Be willing to find your own replacement if you are unable to serve when scheduled.
- Offer to minister on Holy Days and as needed.
- Be willing to serve at the weekend Masses.
- Be a fully initiated Catholic, having celebrated the sacraments of baptism, confirmation, and First Eucharist.
These are families or groups of people who came from the assembly to bring forth the gifts of bread, wine, and money to the altar during the liturgy.Contact Mary George - 816-781-0387 email@example.com
Liturgy of the Word – Lectors
Our ministry provides Lectors for Liturgy of the Word for all Masses.
We do not meet on a regular basis but we do hold meetings as needed for instruction, refresher clinics, and orientation throughout the year.
We have been blessed with our ministry and currently have lectors scheduled for all Masses. If you are interested in becoming a Lector, all new Lectors are welcome to be called upon on a substitute basis.
We currently have about 60 Lectors within our ministry, of which 50 of those Lectors are active each month.
Good vocal skills and a good sense of presence are excellent qualities for Lectors to proclaim the Word. If you feel comfortable in a public setting you may be an excellent candidate to become a Lector. All parishioners are welcome to join us. The best time to sign up as a Lector would be during “Time and Talent” drives.
For more information you can contact us at the following information:
Contact Cecilia Richardson 816-781-4343 x208 firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Lectors – Find Out More
Lectors are scheduled through the Ministry Service Pro app. We no longer publish a set schedule.
THE MUSIC MINISTRY AT ST. JAMES PARISH is guided by the principles of the Second Vatican Council: “ The Church desires that all the faithful be led to that full, conscious, and active participation in liturgical celebrations called for by the nature of the liturgy. Such participation by the Christian people…is their right and duty by reason of their baptism.” (Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, #14)
All members of the parish are welcome to participate in a variety of musical ensembles, as cantors, as organists and/or pianists, and as instrumental soloists. We also have a variety of musical groups for children and teens. ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Cantor and Organ/Piano- The people should be encouraged to take part by means of acclamations, responses, psalmody, antiphones, and songs, as well as by actions, gestures, and bodily attitudes. (STL 26) Find out more…
- Parish Choir and Contemporary Adult Ensemble – These groups lead us in song at our parish liturgies. Find out more…
- Children’s Choir – Children’s Choir is open to all children in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Find out more…
- Parish Handbell Choir – The Handbell choir rehearses September-May and plays at a number of Masses and Feast Days. Find out more…
The Sacristans assist with preparations for each Sunday liturgy at St. James. Sacristans take care of the numerous details that need attention before Mass and help everything to run smoothly during Mass.Contact - Nancy Streeter 816-781-1277 email@example.com
The ushers’ ministry is one of welcoming and hospitality. At each Mass, ushers assist by seating people, helping with the offertory collection and directing communicants at the communion.
Contact – Mike Flanigan 816-781-4343 x207 firstname.lastname@example.org